Monday, September 19, 2011

Bossypants.

I recently started a new book this week called Bossypants by Tina Fey, and so far I love it! It is filled from top to bottom with things that will make you laugh. The whole reason I wanted to read this book in the first place was because I love her on Saturday Night Live and thought that I would give her book a shot. Anyways, here are a few sentences that I liked this week.
  • "I only bring it up to explain why I'm not going to talk about it."
I thought that this was funny because it kind of contradicts itself in the fact that you don't want to talk about something but you bring it up anyway so that you don't have to talk about it. Which actually makes a lot of sense and is kind of a good idea, I might have to try that out for myself.
  • "(Some people say "Never let them see you cry." I say, if you're so mad you could just cry, then cry. It terrifies everyone.)"
This is my favorite "sentence" ever! It literally made me laugh out loud when I read it. It really isn't funny but when I pictured it in my messed up mind, I personally thought it was hilarious. Just imagining a women crying at her job around a whole bunch of guys and seeing the looks on their faces would be priceless. I mean couldn't you just imagine them having this confused/ mortified look on their face like "what do we do?" because they wouldn't want to give off the wrong impression if they did decide to do something. I don't know, maybe your thinking right now that I'm really stupid but that's okay because my real name isn't T-Rex.
  • My other favorite sentence wouldn't really make sense because their is an extremely long explanation that goes along with it so I thought that I would make a separate blog post about it when I found the time.
-howdini

total pages read this semester: 500

I think that I might of added wrong because that seems like way too many pages and just doesn't sound right.